Who can use this feature?
Only Admins can manage activity rules
There are three ways in which to set a points value to give out when awarding an activity:
- Fixed value: you can set a fixed number of points to be given out every time an activity is awarded.
- Lookup: you can set up a lookup and Workpoints will calculate the number of points to give out based on what information is captured when awarding.
- Activity field: you can choose the number of points when awarding an activity.
Make sure that you are on the Output tab of an activity setup page.
Giving out points
Scroll down to the Award Points section, and click the add button. Then choose one of the three way to allocate points to the activity and follow the instructions below.
Fixed points value
- Select the fixed value option from the drop-down menu.
- Type in the number of points that you would like to give out every time the activity is awarded.
Variable points value
- First, make sure that you have set up a compulsory field that takes in a number as input, see the activity fields article for additional information.
- Select the activity field option from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose the field that you are going to use to capture the points to award from the new dropdown menu.
Lookup based points value
- Select the lookup option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the lookup that will be used to calculate the points value of the activity.
- Now select where the row information should come from. (either the activity, awarder or recipient)
- Now select where the column information should come from. (either the activity, awarder or recipient)
Giving out bonus points
You also have the option to add a bonus points value onto an activity so that additional points can be awarded if a certain criteria is met.
- Scroll down to the Award Bonus Points section, and click the add button.
- Enter in the amount of bonus points you would like to award.
- Enter in the criteria that needs to be met in order to receive bonus points.
- Select the frequency at which bonus points can be achieved.
After you're finished setting up the points config you need to save the changes made or you can continue editing the rest of the activity.