Who can use this feature?
Only Admins can edit activity fields.
Often times it is a good idea to capture additional information when awarding activities. For example if you're giving someone a high five, it's a good idea to let them know why you feel they deserve it. Or when awarding someone for attending a training session, it may be valuable to note the details of the session on the activity.
To set up activity fields
- First, make sure that you are on the edit page of the activity you want to add fields to (or alternatively the setup page of a new activity).
- Next browse to the fields tab.
- Click the add new field button.
- Enter in a Title for the field and select the type of data that you want to capture in the field.
- You also have the option to make filling out the field compulsory or not when awarding the activity.
- There is also the option whether or not to make the field public, i.e. visible on timeline or slack notifications.
- You may continue editing other parts of the activity or choose to save these changes immediately by browsing to the save tab and clicking the save button.