Who can use this feature?
Only Admins can manage activity rules
Sometimes you would want to make activities that only a select few individuals can award. For example, you wouldn't want just anyone to award "Social Function Attendance".
Set up a group
Follow the instructions below to create or update a group.
- The first thing you need to do is to identify who is going to be awarding the activity you want to restrict awarding access to.
- Navigate to the groups page.
- Next either select an existing, or create a new group you plan to add the chosen awarders into into.
- Then add the relevant people to the group.
We have a detailed article about creating groups if you need more help.
Set up activity restrictions
- Browse to the edit screen of the activity you want to impose a group restriction on.
- Navigate to the rules tab.
- Scroll down to the Group Restrictions section and click the add group restriction button.
- Choose the group that you want to permit to award this activity and which group they are allowed to award the activity to.
You can add as many group restrictions to an activity as you'd like.
- You can also remove group restrictions by clicking the remove button.
- You may continue editing other parts of the activity or choose to save these changes immediately.
Whenever you are done editing an activity, always browse to the Save tab, and hit the save button to apply your settings.